Exhaust blowing smoke or making noise?
Bring your vehicle to AAMCO Tampa if you have discovered any smoke blowing from your exhaust, are hearing noises or experiencing anything out of the ordinary. AAMCO offers complete exhaust services & emission services to keep you on the road.
The emission & exhaust system starts at the engine of your car, truck or SUV & runs through exhaust pipes connected to your engine cylinders, to the oxygen sensors and the catalytic converter and then to the muffler and to the tailpipe.
- Exhaust pipes collect exhaust gases.
- Oxygen sensors analyze the gases and sends the information to the vehicle's computer.
- The catalytic converter refines the gases into less harmful gases and water vapor.
- The muffler directs the gases through a series of baffles that reduce noise and help the engine run smoother.
Because the emission and exhaust system is mounted to the bottom of your vehicle, it is subject to some abuse from potholes, rough roads, and the like. Exhaust gases contain carbon monoxide and other substances which can be dangerous if they are flowing into the passenger compartment. It is a good idea to have your emission and exhaust system checked about once a year to ensure it is functioning safely and quietly. This inspection is included in AAMCO's 36-point ProtectCheck® Inspection.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of exhaust system problems-noises like a steady roar, rattling, hissing, metallic vibrations or colored smoke from the tailpipe-have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible.
AAMCO Emission & Exhaust System Services include the following components:
- Catalytic converter
- Oxygen sensor
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valves and Sensors
- Exhaust pipes
- Exhaust manifold
- Tail pipes
- Brackets, clamps and hardware